Purpose built in 1997, Muscliff Nursing Home provides state of the art facilities and unrivalled care in a calming, happy environment. Here are just a few points that set Muscliff apart from other homes:
- Light & airy modern building with bright decoration
- On site medical centre and pharmacy
- Smooth lift to the first floor
- A choice of residents lounges
- 2 conservatory areas , patio & garden
- Tastefully furnished en-suite bedrooms
- Specialised beds and mattresses
- Individually controlled central heating
- 24 hour nurse call system
- Facilities for personal TV and telephone
- Free Wifi throughout the home.
Lifestyle & Cuisine
- Residents are encouraged to lead active lifestyles
- Residents privacy and dignity is also respected
- Chef provides attractive & appetising meals
- Special Nutrition tailored to meet individual needs
- Friends & relatives are always welcome for visits and to join residents for meals by prior notice.
Muscliff is run by a team of well trained staff headed by our experienced Home Manager to ensure high nursing and care standards in a sympathetic, warm and friendly home environment. This Management structure ensures the personal approach essential to maintaining the standards of individual care expected by our residents.
Types of stay
Arrangements are made to suit individual needs and include short-term respite care to enable carers to take a much-deserved break, convalescence, Day Care, palliative Care and post-operative Care.
GDPR Privacy Notice
The Gold Standards Framework is a framework to help deliver a ‘gold standard of care’ for all people as they near the end of their lives.
GSF is a systematic common-sense approach to formalising best practice, so that quality end of life care becomes standard for every resident. It helps the staff to identify the needs of residents at each stage of their life, assess their problems, wishes and preferences, and to plan care on that basis, enabling them to live and die peacefully and with dignity where they choose.
As part of this process, this home has been accredited with the National Gold Standards Framework in Care Homes Programme, supported by local facilitators, the National GSF team and other colleagues.
The programme has 3 aims:
- To improve the quality of care provided for all residents.
- To improve collaboration with GPs, primary care teams and specialists
- To reduce the number of hospital admissions in the final stage of life, enabling more to die with dignity in the home, if that is their wish.